What is MediaInfo?
MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files.
(version 0.7.63, Graphical User Interface with installer, for Windows, 32/64 bit, 5 MB)
(the installer is bundled with a software distribution network. Learn more.)
Other versions (packaging, OS, interface...) are also available
See change log
Please donate to support further development.
The MediaInfo data display includes:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: format, codec id, aspect, frame rate, bit rate, color space, chroma subsampling, bit depth, scan type, scan order...
- Audio: format, codec id, sample rate, channels, bit depth, language, bit rate...
- Text: format, codec id, language of subtitle...
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters...
MediaInfo analyticals include:
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including unprotected DVD), MPEG-TS (including unprotected Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, Dirac...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo features include:
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- Customise these viewing formats
- Export information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dll/.so/.dylib) versions available
- Integrate with the shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalisation: display any language on any operating system
- Localisation capability (for which volunteers are needed - please contact me!)
It is open-source software - with one exception for Mac App Store GUI - which means that it is free of charge to the end user and developers have freedom to study, to improve and to redistribute the program (BSD license).
PlayTime quickly calculates the total play time of a list of most any music or movie file.
MediaTab integrates MediaInfo into Windows Explorer Property tab.